Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Saw the email for this and knowing how quickly they fill up I became flustered tried to register lol. After fighting with the site and my credit card protection fraud kicking in, finally got in for a Sat AM session at Monticello.

I did the free event at LimeRock last year too and loved it. I was sad to see it costs $250 but its still totally worth it. Considering a 2 Day M school costs $3k, 1 Day $1.5k, Car Control Clincs $750, $250 is freaking bargain. Yeah it sucks its not free but I guess they wanted to see if they'd make any money off it and hit gold.
$250 definitely only covers a fraction of the costs, it's expensive to run a track day like this and when it was free people would just sign up on a whim and then not show up. Charging ensures that spots won't go wasted and all of the serious enthusiasts that want to go won't miss out on empty spots
Makes sense, but then why not ask for a CC and have a cancellation policy that enables them to charge the $250 if one does not show up?

Having said that I am sure there will be plenty of people willing to pay for it, so who ever had the idea at BMW of charging for them will get a pad in the back for saving the company some money.

Personally, I think that money is better spent on a track day (yes there might be other costs associated with a track day, but from my experience those are relatively marginal on one day).
Appreciate 0