View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #234
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
I hope you are right. Regardless, I dont think we'll be disappointed in the M2.
The most recent concept-to-production fail I can think of is the Subaru (yes I know- different Mfr) WRX. The concept generated so much buzz and enthusiasm and was the best looking thing ever to come off a subaru drawing board (literally, it really was)!
Then they pussed out and went so pedestrian that the car I was considering (in STI trim) as a replacement for my 135 dropped out of the running like a prizefighter who had just taken a knockout blow.

I just don't put much stock in concepts.
I hear ya, but BMW is completely consistent when it comes to M car concepts. Take a look at these:

Even when they go more extreme on the concept cars, you still have an idea what the end result will be. I think most people here knew the bumper wasn't going to make it, but the car didn't change much.

And then you have concepts like this, which just shows you the direction BMW is taking, rather than an actual car that will make it to production (I adore the BMW CS):

Totally agree about the Subaru btw. I was blown away by the concept car, and was telling my friend it's actually the first Japanese car I'd really consider. Then the real deal came out and I didn't even realize it was supposed to be the same model
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0