The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
wish BMW produced more of these..
You guys keep saying that.

BMW produced PLENTY of these. But NO ONE bought them. At one point in 2007 (less than 8 months after production has started) there were 12 of them stacked up in the back lot of the dealership where I bought mine from. First 600 or so were spoken for immediately, some requiring an advance deposit, some requiring a MARK-UP.

After that?

BMW ended up having to throw $10,000 in cash at the car for them to be sold. I still recall in early 2009, several months after they discontinued production, there were multiple copies at local dealerships awaiting ANY enthusiast to love it enough to buy it.

Fact is, people all say "hey we want BMW to build and produce a small, nimble, back to the basics sports car" and the second BMW builds one, same one screaming for BMW to "get back to the basics" goes and buy an X6M.

Same as all those keyboard warriors bemoaning the death of manuals, but the majority of them goes out and buy automatics. It just sounds more manly to say "hey I DEMAND a sporty car" when in reality? A Toyota Camry is what they need to drive.

It's like all great art masters. No one really appreciates them until they're DEAD.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 2
wdb4736.50