12-21-2023, 08:44 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomy93 View Post
Hey, I have a manual 2016 F87 which I bought second-hand. The previous owner used to take it to the track, it is heavily moded: Stage 2 ~430hp, ECU Mapping, M Performance exhaust, CTS Intake, coil-overs, etc. But I'm not a track person (also there is just one shitty-maintained circuit in my city).
I come from 600cc motorcycles which I love because of the controlled sense of speed and the higher rpm sound... So I feel the car is too fast for streets and highways. It reaches very fast speeds without going high rpms...

I was thinking of downgrading the ECU Mapping to stock but maintaining everything else. I know I won't get a motorcycle feeling but will it l be still fun? or maybe I will regret it? Will I still be able to fishtail my car in Sport mode? (I never go Sport+)

Thank you!
It depends on your mods, if you have an hpfp (high pressure fuel pump), down pipe, injectors etc. then you won't be able to go back to stock tuning because those afforementioned parts require custom tuning.

In terms of fish tailing the car in sport, yeah you'll probably still be able to do it. But personally I don't really like how the car reacts with traction control fully on, it cuts power and makes it hard to control the car with the throttle, aka it doesn't respond how I want it to.
///MPhatic13862.50