Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2020 BMW/M2C  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 3.5d  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
This is a story of what my ///M2 did to me today...

SO, I got my first ticket in the new ///M2. Total bullshit.

I was driving home from work, same drive I normally do in my Camry, going the same speed I normally do.

I pulled away from a red light, driving with traffic, not doing anything stupid. I hear my V1 going off for K-band, which is usually caused by an automatic door at one of the many stores nearby. I stop at the next traffic light and I notice a police SUV to the left of me in the left hand turning lane, blocking the lane and stopped next to my rear bumper. I figured he was coming for me, as the LBB ///M2 sticks out like a sore thumb in commuter traffic.

The cop continues to follow me as I move over to the right lane and then flips on his lights. I wave to him, to let him know I see his lights, find the nearest cross street and pull over. He comes to my window, lets me know that I'm being A/V recorded, and tells me that I was going 60mph in a 50mph zone. He asked for my license, registration & insurance, which I handed to him.

I told him that I didn't realize I was going that fast, I just got the car, I was enjoying the nice weather on my ride home, and honestly wasn't paying attention to my speed. I also noted that I was just driving with traffic, I wasn't passing anyone or weaving through traffic. He then grunted at me, with a cock-eyed face. I then asked, "It's the car, isn't it?". He smiled, reluctant to say anything that would be recorded, and went back to his SUV.

After a few minutes he returned, explained that he could've written me some ridiculous ticket with a huge fine and points on my license. He then said that he opted to instead write me a ticket for "Improper Display / Unclear Plates".

So I was very pleased that I didn't get a ticket with points, but there's nothing wrong with my license plate. The funny thing is, in NJ you need a front plate, and I chose not to install it. He didn't even notice that.

So I guess I'm happy with my $54 fine, and I helped an officer meet his quota, LOL.

Gotta love NJ!!! So today I learned that me new car is a definite cop magnet.
Funny, similar situation for me.
I was Pulled over doing 46km/h over the limit. Long story short, he loved the car and gave me a ticket for no front plate.
Appreciate 0