View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #530
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Had my iStep updated today and can confirm at the very least that traction control is much less intrusive on my stock ‘17 M2. I can feel substantially more wheel spin in a straight line (not cutting power like before) and it gets sideways harder- to the point I dropped it down to sport as she really likes to kick the tail out further now. I’d say this is one thing I can unequivocally tell was different- nothing subtle about it. A positive change as you don’t feel power pulled out from under you by the ECU like before.

Steering feels good but hard to determine if it’s placebo after coming out of a soft X2 loaner. I never really actively disliked the steering to start with. No noticeable change to burbles at all- still lots of them in both Sport+ and MDM. I also notice no change in the peak volume level of ASD- and that’s coming from an audio engineer with a very sensitive ear. It did, however, seem to be louder under load and quieter when riding the pedal at a consistent speed, so it drones a bit less on the freeway. As soon as you give it some gas it seems to spike back up to the level I was used to. I also think they’ve tweaked the frequencies some as it seems to have a lot less useless low end bassy, muddy rumble.

Last (and most important) thing I’ll be keeping an eye on is lag between shifts. Don’t expect an improvement there, but hopeful.

Last edited by Dasnub; 10-07-2020 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0