View Single Post
      12-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #10
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
nachob I agree! BMW really has a great opportunity to make a stellar car in the M2 variant. The F87 offers a better chassis to start with than the E82 and really gives BMW a chance shine and make a truly spectacular car. While it is the "flaws" (if you want to call them that) in the E82 that make the 1M so fun to drive on the street it also prevents it from being a stellar track car. With the better chassis of the F87 (by that I mean longer wheel base) BMW could have a 400hp ~1,400kg car that truly shines on the track and the street. Imagine if they gave it the best they could in every area!! All the things you mention above! A little bit of M4 GTS, a little bit of 1M, a little bit of E46 CSL.

As I have been reading threads on this and the 1M forum it is apparent to me that those of us who talk like this; those of us who want to add lightness, go back to basics, and yearn for raw driving dynamics...we unfortunately are the outliers of the demographic. I have come to an understanding in my passion for cars that saying "it has 400hp and gets to 60 in 4.3" is only one tenth of the formula. How much does it weigh? How is the suspension set up? How engaging is the chassis? How much understeer? How much grip? How communicative is the car at the limit? On and on...

I just watched Chris Harris on Top Gear's review of the Ferrari F12tdf and loved that he said "the world needs cars that are difficult to drive"

Give the car a soul that is a mixture of a Boss GT350 and Cayman GT4! Make it light, make it nimble, make it powerful, and let us feel the road!
Agree with everything that you and nachob said. Listing out things that you want in an improved car does not necessarily mean that you're roundly criticizing the current car. The M2 is a nice car but like everything else, there will always be scope for improvement.

If the M2 CS can be a blend of the rawness in the 1M, the lightness and soul of the E46 CSL, some of the looks of the M4 GTS all coming together on the M2 platform, it should theoretically be a phenomenal car.

I pray to god that we're indeed the outliers because that would mean we would get one if BMW makes it.
Appreciate 1
nachob2316.00