First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 DCT BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Best tip ever....don't drive the ring in the wet...! I have + 200 laps on the Nurburgring, but when it's wet I don't drive there. Nothing to enjoy about driving in the rain and to dangerous...
That sounds like sound advice and one that I don't mind taking. I have driven in quite a few tracks with quite a few different cars but I have the uttermost respect for the Ring and will not "play hero" there.

Still, and again, insurance? Let me tell you a quick story. A few years back someone crashed into me on a track day. Entirely his fault but that is not important here. Back then we simply drove the cars onto the public road and filled in an insurance claim so that his insurance would cover the damage sustained to my car, which it did. I am now aware that this constitutes fraud and I was accessory to it... Anyway, that taught me a lesson and since then I have only driven in public events with very, very strict rules regarding safety and experience of the drivers involved (different groups, very few cars on track at the same time), which will obviously not be the case in a tourist day at the ring.