Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Hey 🤚🏻

I guess he's too proud to ask...

Anyways, he can try to code a lower the light sensitivity of the auto dimming mirrors, which can have a direct effect on the overall dimming of the instrument cluster.

FEM>

CODDT_[COLOR="DarkRed"]00[/COLOR]_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN (left mirror): Under "Custom Value" the range is from "20" being the least dimmed and "39" being the darkest.

and CODDT_[COLOR="DarkRed"]01[/COLOR]_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN (right mirror):
Under "Custom Value" the range from "20" being the least dimmed and "39" being the darkest.

ISP_HECKSCHEIBE (Rear View Mirror): "Hell" is bright and "Dunkel" is dark.

Or, he can just go old school and put a piece of black tape over the light sensor(s), which is located on the HVAC controls, front and rear of the Rearview Mirror.
Thanks Poochie. I might give this a try and see if it helps

No problem and I hope it works out for you because according to BMW NA, there is no 'official' fix for this issue, in vehicles with aftermarket tints.

However, the coding parameters I supplied above is what BMW adjusts, when "S420A - Sun Protection Glass " (rear factory tints) is optioned on the M2 (Outside of North America).

Also, below is an illustration of where the interior light sensor are located in the cabin, incase you want to try my ghetto suggestion to trick the sensors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910932.50