View Single Post
      06-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #31
MINI135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C and 2013 FR-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Just know that the lowest cold psi you can start at is 26/27, then do a reset on the grid, confirm the reset on your first lap, then you're good.

Start any lower and you will have to pit to reset after the first lap bc the tires won't bring the pressures up to 27 (TPMS alert threshold) quickly enough.

So, you may end up pushing 37-38psi hot by the end of your session when using sensors.
So you are saying 26/27 psi is a built in default minimum, even with an initial TPMS reset upon mounting the track tires with sensors?

I literally have never had a problem with TPMS on the track. However, my process might go a little different then others:

1. I mount the track tires (with sensors) at home and set to 29 psi.
2. I then do a reset of the TPMS (drive around the neighborhood a bit).
3. Then drive to the track and enjoy the day.

End of sessions can sometimes push up near 37-40 psi, so I bleed a little air out at times. I prefer 35-37 psi hot with the Re71r's.

My impression was that the initial reset of the TPMS before I go to the track was locking in a lower minimum psi for the the computer to work with, hence, no problems?? However, I might be a little wonky on my thinking if there is a hard and fast minimum of 26/27psi that overrides any TPMS reset?

I guess the fact that I never drop below those stated minimums of 26/27 psi has made my life easy at the track so far. AZ weather probably plays a role in this consistency too, as we never get too cold here, so psi variance is less on the downside.

And as mentioned, "DSC off" puts the car into "Sport mode" every time, which is perfect for track driving. Weird that others are going into comfort mode with DSC off?? Crazy if the lack of TPMS is the culprit!
Appreciate 0