Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
I made no changes, but still got bumped. I started at wk35, got pushed to wk37 2 weeks later, and then today I get moved forward to wk33.

For the record, mine is LBB, Exec, Apple, MT, no moonroof.
I've been week 37 every time I've asked anyone, and that includes the original appointment with the dealer where they configured the build for me. so who knows what makes them change things. From watching "How It's Made" on Science channel, I know that the German car plants purposefully shuffle stuff around so workers don't get bored - they don't want every 2er coming down the line to be identical, they purposefully rearrange builds to keep things interesting. I'd be willing to bet a case of beer that the factory never builds two M2s back-to-back. Desire for variation might be some of why they are juggling dates...
Although I'm in corp, I work for a large mfg company and this doesn't make sense from a production & cost point of view. A production line would want similar runs of the same product thus limiting change overs, different crews, parts for said product etc... that being said I'm not sure why BMW is moving around orders. I'm just like you, originally scheduled for week 38 with no change.
Appreciate 0