02-09-2017, 12:35 AM   #16
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Bring tears to my eye hearing N55 is sucking 80 Deg C air. I asked this once in other thread but no one seems to know enough about your STEINBAUER piggybox. It says it does NOT make boost at all but instead simply play with fuelling and give M2 N55 400 HP. If truth is anything like they said, without boost and with optimal fuelling, you should see lower IAT than stock car if anything.
Yeah I hear what you are saying. I'm sure it has to modify the signals to the ECU telling it it's not at the correct boost level, hence the car is constantly trying to achieve the set target. What it may also do is adjust fueling and monitor other sensors to achieve the extra bhp. I'm going to get the car in and run it stock at the end of this month, then we will see how hot it gets on stock setup on that specific dyno, just incase the cooling is poor in that place. When it was dynoed the bonnet was lined cold so this would not have helped with cooling, especially after 3 runs. The intercooler is going to make a difference, sock or tuned though.
Appreciate 0