View Single Post
      08-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #20
mchoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB LCI M2

Official ED is 9/18! While I was excited to have one of my gearhead buddies join me, this will be my first solo trip (and to Europe) but what better way to celebrate a new big job as a single guy? I didn't realize this until late but I also got lucky with the Frankfurt Auto Show in town the same week!

Looking for help to identify what the best driving road route should look like over the course of a 1.5 day period. I've partially mapped this out below but would really appreciate your feedback! Ideally would prefer to have more time but as I mentioned in the OP, I have a lot of travel during this time of year and this is a check off my bucket list.

Saturday, 9/16: Arrive first thing in the morning, check into hotel and nap if I can contain my excitement. Due to the travel day, I plan to use this day to explore Munich. Based on my brief research I have the following on my list: Marienplatz, Frauenkirche, Dachau Concentration Camp, explore Viktualienmarkt, and check out a few beer halls (e.g., Hofbrauhaus).

Not sure how long these will take but I also have Sunday available for exploration time. Am I missing anything here and what would you consider as other must-see high priority things?

Sunday, 9/17: Carryover Munich exploration time in the morning with Frankfurt Auto Show in the afternoon, however, it appears the auto show will require a lot of time so will play it by ear.

Monday, 9/18: Check out the BMW museum in AM and head to the Welt in afternoon for my ED!

Based on your feedback, heading South to Austria looks great for driving roads, which is exactly what I am looking for. After my delivery at the Welt, mapping the drive (in order) to Alpenstraße, Rossfeld Panorama Strasse, and Grossglockner High Alpine Road will take ~4 hours and I plan to stay in town for the night. Does this seem achievable or should I take different routes/order?

Tuesday, 9/19: After staying the night in Grossglockner, I will head back to Munich.

Looking for your feedback here for more driving roads. Should I head towards Liechtenstein and back up north to Munich?

Wednesday, 9/20: Drop off car and fly out in AM; anxiously wait 3-4 weeks before my car arrives on the West Coast.

Last edited by mchoy; 08-20-2017 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0