02-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #20
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudeone View Post
Lol. I actually do have PDR data from my Corvette, and a buddy of mine spent a day (yes, we are nerds) comparing stage 1,2 and 3 aero on his Z06 with an Aim Solo DL. So yeah, I have data that shows. Just average drivers but still seeing real differences. Slower down the back straight, but faster in the corners, overall better times.

Happy to show it to you...but not sure I want to go through that trouble with your requirements you listed and you discount it...so how about you bring you and your car down to VIR and we can make you a believer? My car with bullshit aero and yours without. Worst case you have a great time and stay skeptical. I'll be there with TrackDaze 3/19 and Audi Club 4/9.

But seriously...it's true man...it works. Remember the original Audi TT that was blowing off the Autobahn...they added a tiny little spoiler and voila.

Anyway...
The TT on the autobahn was a different car in a different scenario but, yea, that was quite a tale, wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm not saying I can't be convinced but, at any rate, let's hear it for nerds - who says we aren't fun?