View Single Post
      02-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh_kross View Post
I got quoted for $260 in labor for the exhaust install. Taking that into account, and the exhaust being the most labor intensive piece, I think it's a little high.
Yea, I agree with calling it "a little high". What I don't agree with is "very expensive". And I'm unsure the general consumer would even agree it is a little high at first glace, as they probably only see the parts cost that BMW shows on the sticker and on their website, and see too that the dealer took $1,000 off MSRP on sticker... It took me some time to gather part numbers and search a bunch of websites for the cheapest price on the parts. Which I think the average person wouldn't do or believe they could only get the parts from BMW. So, in the dealers eyes, that price is fair to the average consumer.

Anyway, my post was more to put everything in perspective on exactly how cheap it could be had for. I don't believe someone would have much negotiation success going into it trying to convince the dealer the price is "very expensive". However, going into it thinking the price is "a little high" might work out more favorable for everyone involved.
Appreciate 0