07-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #53
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Maybe View Post
I recently returned to the US and tested the Camaro SS 1LE versus the M240I (no M2 available) and the Camaro was a lot more fun and felt better dynamically. The M240I still brilliant and more finished but not as exciting. Pretty much decided to cancel my M2 order and get the Camaro SS 1LE.
I own a 2SS, and while I haven't driven the 1SS 1 LE, I can tell you the 2SS is a fun car for sure, with tons of torque.
I finally got to drive a manual M2 this past weekend, and I really liked it. Very different car from my camaro (as expected). I didn't get to hit any really nice roads and see what the M2 could really do, but from what I experienced I liked enough to pull the trigger on the M2 and sell my Camaro.

I'm sick of the visibility issue with the Camaro-- which is a non issue when the top is down of course-- but otherwise with the top up, it gets a bit old.

I wasn't overly impressed with the exhaust note on my friend's M2 (sans MPE), compared to my camaro, which I absolutely love and will miss. I am definitely getting the MPE.

AT the end of the day, I liked but didn't love -- my 2SS. Perhaps I would have felt differently had I bought the 1LE, but I doubt it. The suspension would have been a bit different, along with the brakes and bigger tires, but I'm not sure that would have been enough for me to love the car and not take the M2 plunge, which was my original plan last year
Appreciate 0