View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #43
bmwm22018
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcrf250r View Post
100% repairable. $12-15k sounds right. Take it to the dealer for the suspension and drivetrain components then to the body shop of your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2LA View Post
glad you were not hurt. @ a quick glance looks worse than it probably is, the gap is still good at the top of the door, everything just got pinched. you just need to take it to someone good to sort it and I mean really good, and you will be whole again. we have all had it happen, you will be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I'm with this guy. I could be way off here but I disagree with all these guys who are saying it's a total loss. My bet, beyond the obvious cosmetic panel damage, is that the rear suspension is tweaked but the diff is fine.

It's not a $20,000 Kia that's going to be written off with $15,000 in damage. It's a $60,000 car. There's some cash to work with to hit that 80% before anyone considers writing it off.

Good luck man! As everyone else is saying, we've all been there too at one point or another. I stuffed my Acura into a snowbank the size of a house after i got a little too confident in the grip my snow tires provided.

thanks very much for the responses guys. spoke to a guy in the bodyshop today at the garage - he's said it will be repaired but has not had it up on ramps to check fully but doesn't think there is any structural damage underneath. Main things needing replaced will be front and rear near side suspension, alloys, door, sill and steering rack. said it is very unlikely to be written off or anything like that.

Will know for sure tomorrow all the damage then its just a case of waiting for the insurance company to give it the go ahead basically.

feeling a hell of a lot better that its most likely getting repaired but will find out more tomorrow.
Appreciate 0