Wangspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Hah! All along I've been telling myself I'm just going to keep the car stock and run it, but now all these little upgrade ideas are starting to pop into my head. The beginning of an addiction.

I'm headed back out there this weekend for the BMW NCC event. I debated if I should go ahead and get a track wheel/tire setup, but I think I'll just burn these MPSS's all the way up and then get new road and dedicated track tires.

Also, I did land in the gravel at turn 1 (I was getting sporadic braking for the first couple sessions, guessing it was the PFC's trying to remove all the RS29 material from the discs), and bead blasted my 19" OEM rear wheels by trying to get out of the gravel.

So, I could turn those into track wheels, but I'm guessing you still recommend the 18s over the 19s?
I have about 15 track days on my car...have tested stock wheels and different tires then Tire Rack 18s with several 265/275 square options. The TR wheels are a great/cheap option for track. The RE71r tires in 265 square are perfect...won't need spacers ( I still used a 10mm), can drive to the track, work in wet and dry, plus good pricing.
Yeah. I agree. I don't need it to be the fastest, just reasonably fast and more importantly, durable. I don't get the folks running Hoosiers for HPDEs.

The TR setup with the RE71r is great. The only one I would consider instead is the Apex 18x10, but I was unsure of fit at the time.
Appreciate 0