View Single Post
      01-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #7
Bucnole10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenone View Post
As for the M2 wait list question: I spoke to my (California) dealer approx 8 months before my current lease ended. At that point he said there is not much he can do other than keep me in mind. Fast forward to last September and he called me with an opportunity for a build slot. I took it (seems like there was no waiting list) and from there it is pretty much like jmh600cbr said. The production of the car is super quick, but waiting for a ship and getting it to the west coast takes forever.

I ordered it October and should be getting it around beginning of February (ship is currently close to San Diego).

Long story short, talk to your dealer so s/he has you in mind when an allocation/build slot comes around the corner.
Perfect-- I will visit local dealers to see how what their list looks like. I have a few options in my area and I plan to evaluate all options. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I'm getting antsy. Trying to decide when I should realistically start test driving the non-BMW options as I don't want them to think I'm wasting their time.

Thanks token!
Appreciate 0