Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Maybe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I think most people would be able to negotiate a lower price on the m240i so it would end up cheaper than the M2.
Granted but not by much and if you had to sell the M2 a year later, you would be so much better off in the M@ scenario. My point is that BMW would need to sell the M240I for at least $10K cheaper after getting close to the equipment level in order to make it a equal deal.
I had a decked out 435 and wanted to get into a m2. I settled on a m240i for a few reasons:

- residual was insanely low on the m2. Lease cost was about the same as the m3/4. For only a 2k delta in price of the cars, my lease was 400$/month cheaper with the m240i.

- I could buy the m240 I today and had to wait many months for the m2

- I got 12% off of MSRP (53k to 46k) on the m240i, the m2 was either no discount or few Ks over MSRP

- after driving both, both felt plenty fast. M2 was definitely edgier but the m240i held its own

- m240i has more TQ

- m240i felt better suited for DD

You don't get a much faster car wth the m2 - heck from rolling starts the m240i seemed quicker.

BUT you do get a much different driving experience. You do get that feeling of a raw M car, reminded me driving the e46 m3.

Either car is awesome. For the same price and if I was buying, I would probably buy m2 if I couldn't found one. If you're leasing, m240i no question.

B58 engine is really fun and dropping a jb4 in it can really make it a beast. Just need bigger tires to handle all that power and maybe the lsd/xdrive
Appreciate 2