View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #28
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I have been spending more time in traffic lately in my 235 and the MT does get a bit old in that setting. I might give PDK or DCT another try.
My last two cars were a DCT e93 M3 and a PDK C2S. The DCT really bothered me at slow speeds, kind of sluggish and just weird, granted it wasn't designed for driving around in parking garages. That was before my days at the track. With the C2S the PDK was absolutely amazing at the track but got kind of boring on the daily commute. It was better sorted at slow speeds but still had some of its own slow speed issues. FWIW I have heard newer DCT's are better sorted than the first-gen version I had in the e93. Fast forward, I'm driving a 6MT S4 now and am re-committed to manuals again! So much more fun and involving on the streets. I also really appreciate low-end torque on the street, lets you experience some of the power during the daily commute (something the M2 will have). I get the traffic thing but my advice would be to stick with the manual! Of course, I had to learn the hard way to appreciate this myself, so maybe either path will work.
Appreciate 0