No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

I haven't heard any version of the F80/82 without some of that sound - no matter the downpipe and/or exhaust on the car. Seems to be an inherent aspect of the engine that is just part of the deal.

Now, if they DO find a way to get rid of that in the M2 Comp, there's gonna be a lot of pissed off M3/4 owners.

I really think the F80/82 would be more universally loved if they sounded really good out of the box, or if there were aftermarket solutions that made the car sound great. The E9X M3 didn't sound great stock, but you could make it sound epic with mods. I just haven't seen that with the S55...all subjective of course, but the sound really matters more now that I've experienced a great sounding car (981).
I'm just breaking balls. I personally like the sound under load while driving, not so much at idle or revving while sitting.
Appreciate 0