View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Day 1 - Travel and Arrival (2 days in one)

So, I'm going to do a review of the entire trip. Day 1 was departure from LAX to MUC en route to FRA. Flight to Munich was a little late but got there on time. Thank god for United MileagePlus award tickets. Although Lufthansa's J Cabin isn't great, it beats United economy.

Name:  LH seat.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  250.4 KB

Sunset somewhere over Montana/Canada was amazing.

Name:  Sunset.jpg
Views: 1928
Size:  107.4 KB

Name:  Arriving muc.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  209.4 KB

Picking up the car in Frankfurt was effortless...and I splurged and upgraded to the new Alfa Stelvio for 80 EUR. Picture of that to come later. However, I can say that the navigation in the Stelvio is far from stellar. I had to whip out my TomTom for a faster route. Another thing to note for anyone headed toward the Ring this year. The roads are under construction. They were under construction last year and still are this year. This means lots of detours and getting somewhat lost. As the detour signs aren't the big orange dazzlers we have in the states. Some shots:

Name:  town.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  221.7 KB

Name:  twn.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  268.5 KB

Name:  Eifel Forest.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  283.0 KB

Finally, after about 19 hours of travel from door to door, I got to the Pistenklause restaurant only 15 minutes or so into the scheduled dinner. Just in time to sit down for a steak on a stein!!!

Name:  Steak on stein copy.jpeg
Views: 1931
Size:  195.0 KB

At about 9 pm, 21 hours in, I made it to the Lindner Congress and Motorsport hotel. So far very nice. Room is very nice. Parking garage a little tight and they charge 15 EUR a day for parking...this only seems absurd because of where we are. In central Frankfurt that's a steal, but out here something like parking should be included.

Name:  Hotel 1.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  237.9 KB

Name:  Hotel 2.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  195.0 KB

Today (if I can get myself back to sleep for a couple hours) is a walking tour of the ring and just getting bearings. Tomorrow (Tuesday), the fun begins. Updates to follow!!

Last edited by Fugly M3; 09-05-2017 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0