champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Guess you didn't try Chris....
It's good to know that there are choices.

Dealer's are all over the map when it comes to parts sales. A couple of years ago I discussed online parts discounts with one of the parts guys at my dealership and he said they do not price match and don't cater to that market. I haven't bought anything more expensive than license plate screws from them as a result, but then I haven't asked again so I can't say that their policy hasn't changed.

On the other hand, shortly after getting my (used) 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo last spring, I had some things I was going to order for it, including a couple of spare keys (as I only got one with the car), I mentioned online discounts to the parts guy at the Porsche dealer, and ever since he has offered comparable discounts to me on anything I've asked about. Discounts on BMW parts are way easier to get than on Porsche parts. It seems as if about half of the BMW dealers in the US have an online presence or at least go after the online parts market. There are hardly any Porsche dealers who bother with this.