View Single Post
      01-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #80
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

I don't have to "try" to feel good about having an M2. I already do, and it is effortless, and perfectly logical.

I will reserve judgment on "slower," until I see reviews that demonstrate this beyond paper, and in the real world. In any event, whatever deficit there might be will be eliminated by Dinan, and I will be left with a manual RWD car that will still be less money than a dual clutch car that, the reviews say, won't even let me get the rear to hang out. You don't care about the track, but I do. The category here is sports car. In my world, that means maximum enjoyment on road AND track.

With those criteria, which are hardly "illogical", and in fact are shared by many here, as well as reviewers of both cars--the M2 is simply a better car. I'm good with that.

This "discussion" started when you criticized a poster for not recognizing the TTRS's supposed superiority, and told him to tell you "how it feels to never be able to catch up to the TT RS, not sound as good and not look as good, for barely 10k more. Plus those interiors...". I have merely pointed out that there is a lot of subjective judgment in that snark, masquerading as "fact."
Appreciate 1