Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
UltraMagnetic photo-journal

i recently got backed into at starbucks; it wasn't that bad, but it required my fender to be replaced and there wasn't any locally so i've been waiting almost two weeks for it to come in. I feel like my car's been in the shop for ages and so i've been missing it - and what better way to deal w/ that longing to drive her again than to do a photo dump of the progression lmao.

Before the M2, i had an E92 M3. This was one of my favorite cars i've owned, but couldn't really have fun with it unless it was at felonious speeds or at the track

While i still had the M3, i picked up an i8. Its a fun car and i get a kick out of making funny faces at people who try to be slick photographing me while driving, but it's really stressful to drive mainly because of above-mentioned idiots who back into me at starbucks...and also cuz i got followed home once at night by some kids who wanted to take pics of it.

i wanted to upgrade out of the M3 since i don't like driving the i8 daily, so i started researching the M2. i found one at a local dealer in 6MT, instantly fell in love with it, and traded in the M3 on the spot

I drove it everywhere and racked up the first 1k miles quick so i could get to modifying it after the run-in service. First up was the suspension: KW V3 coilovers. install was easy and straight forward.

my next set of mods weren't that straight forward, so i brought my car over to the guys at EAS to help me install my RKP CF roof and rear diffuser. And since they had my car up, might as well have them add the Akra exhaust. The car dyno'd at 357whp w/ just the exhaust alone.

Next came the GruppeM intake and Ground Control camber plate install. Again, this was simple and straight-forward enough to do at home, but i kinda kicked myself for not doing the camber plate install at the same time as the coilovers, since i had to drop the suspension again to do this job. The dyno read 359whp w/ the intake + exhaust.

Acexxon's rear reflector delete was next - and my first DIY video lol. its amazing how something this small makes such a major impact on how good the car looks

For my second DIY video, i installed an Evolution Racewerk Charge pipe and Active Autowerke FMIC

I'm pretty comfortable modifying anything on the car myself except body work. I've never been good w/ double sided tape or lining things up perfectly, so i went back to EAS and had them install the rest of my aero bits: RKP rear spoiler, 3D Design front lip, and side skirts. while it was there, i decided to have another run on the dyno to see what the FMIC and Charge pipe gains were. It was a lot warmer that day, so we put some octane boost in. car dyno'd at 375whp w/ just bolt-ons, octane, and no tune.

i installed the AWRON gauge due to the lack of oil and water temp gauges in the cluster.

Edit 6/7/17:
haven't added anything new, but i just wanted to post some of my favorite pics i took over the weekend.

oh yeah...i did make another DIY video recently too

Edit 6/17/17
NEW WHEELS!!! BBS FI-R

Edit 7/19/17
Her First Track Day

UPDATE 12/10/17:
added canards

UPDATE 4/25/18:
missed a few mods since the last update

new electronic steering wheel

Replaced the AA FMIC w/ CSF

new wing

new half-cage

Current list of mods:
Akrapovic Ti Exhaust, GruppeM CF Intake, CSF FMIC, Evolution Racewerks charge pipe, KW V3 coilovers, Ground Control camber plates, BBS FI-R; AWRON digital multifunction display; RKP CF roof, rear diffuser, rear spoiler; RW Carbon Front Lip & Canards, 3D Design side skirts; M-performance black side-gills, IND painted front reflector, Acexxon rear reflector delete.

Last edited by UltraMagneticAL; 04-25-2018 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 21
toastie213.50
Dav3948.50
AlexCirci496.50
pyyrat126.00
3Si216.50
BAN_M2C4185.00
Tuscan224.50
///Cardia299.50
*mt*1702.00
amw896582.50
Ymalo22113.00