View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Mad One
Jersey
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Painted key hole cover for RHD LBB

Hi there fellow M2 owners

I've been looking to swap out the drivers side door handle cover to one without a key hole. It's a common mod and IND sell them for $44 a pop before shipping. Sounds good and I highly rate IND but their shipping prices are really steep for getting such a cheap part to the U.K (plus exchange rates are killing the pound ATM).

http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...-keyhole-cover

So I found the correct part number on realoem and it is £15 from my local dealer. However this is a primed version only. BMW do offer a painted version but with delivery quoted in months and they wouldn't give me a price.

Before I took delivery of my LBB M2, I got my dealer to coordinate with a local paint shop to colour code my M Perf carbon rear spoiler and I'm happy with the colour match - cost was £145. So I thinking of going ahead but then thought it will most probably cost me the same to spray 1 or 10 key hole covers so I wanted to know if there were any other other U.K. LBB M2 owners who would also like this? Installation seems straight forward with only basic tools required. IND offer a install guide on their site.

Minimum cost could be as low as £35 based on 10 covers - £15 per cover plus £15 paint and no more than a fiver for postage. Maximum number i'd be prepared to do is 10 and minimum 5 (other than simply doing my own). If there are only 5 then it would be more like £50 per. I'm not looking to make any money, just trying to give a little back to the forum as I mostly lurk!

So I'm seeing what interest there is before I order a bunch of keyhole covers!
Lee me know what you guys think and either reply here or PM me.

Thanks
Appreciate 0