View Single Post
      05-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #36
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Like ZM2 and Megator said, reset the TPMS after you've set your cold pressures. If you changed wheels on track, start the reset before going out into the hot pits and let it reset while you drive on track. DSC will stay off. My cold pressures are usually 29-31psi depending on tire, and I've not had an issue so far.

I personally love the tire pressure and temp display as a learning tool while on track. For example, if the fronts are getting too hot (and have a high psi) abs the rears not close enough, I know I need to drive/turn more with the throttle and rear tires. And when the car starts to get greasy, I know exactly what pressure and temp are the limit for those tires, for the next time around. Never had this display in any car, and I like having it on track.
And a lot of guys think adjusting pressures once you get back to the paddock is fine. By then your tires have either cooled off from cool down laps or heat soaked from the brakes by the time you park and make it around to all four tires.

Using the iDrive temp/pressure display to note when a particular set of tires is gripping best for the current conditions lets you determine exactly how much to adjust each tire once you come back and park.

There's a reason race cars have tire & temp displays in them...
Appreciate 1
pal433.00