01-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #72
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I'd say it definitely depends on the situation. The problem with stopping a bike....more to the point a sport bike....is the issue of the relatively small contact patch of the skinny front tire and physics with the back end wanting to come up (stoppie).

It definitely takes a skilled rider to get all of the braking performance out of a bike. There's a guy who corner works at VIR when I'm down for the Superbike School. The dude is stupid fast. He was telling us how he was braking hard going into turn 12 before dropping elevation into the roller coaster. He said he had the rear end up in the air and muscled the bike over into the right turn corner. Wish I could have seen it.
So he was in the midst of a stoppie while leaning into a downhill turn? His contact for both braking AND digging into the corner (and with suspension partially unloaded, and no power to help correct) was in the front?

Jesus, that's superhuman. If I ever ride a track again, I want a set of the tires he was running!
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
VRG_135836.50