View Single Post
      04-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #46
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Owned DSG in the past, currently DCT and PDK. Have also owned plenty MTs including a Lotus Elise SC. I host and attend about 5 track sessions a year. My preference when I was purchasing the M2 was to go MT because of all the reviews and peer pressure saying that "if you are a purist, you need MT". At the time, there was only one DCT available and I convinced myself to go DCT. The only time I question my decision is when I'm reading these boards or talking to friends/enthusiast. Don't remember how many times I had to answer the question, why did you go automatic? You had a Lotus, I thought you were a purist! Guess what, I do not miss it one bit when I'm driving it on the track. I'm always in Manual mode when I'm DDing. I do not feel I'm more engaged because I have to step on a clutch pedal or shift with my right hand holding a stick. We spending thousands of dollars modding our cars trying to get a tenth off our time, why shouldn't I go DCT if I care about the performance? I don't want the transmission to be the bottle neck and regret not going DCT one day. Yes, I'm a sore loser and I don't want to be beaten by someone with a DCT knowing everything else is the same.
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8717.00
M+M226.50