12-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #19
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Yeah I'm aware. My point was more that it is a twin turbo setup. It leaves them in an awkward position as you either make a car that is intentionally gimped and worse than the 1M, or you make a car which is just better than the version that is more expensive.
You were just wrong, no big deal.

It'll be interesting to see what they put in the M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1descending View Post
I don't see them making an M2, and if they do it'll likely be limited production like the 1M. There's just not really room in the product range for it and I suspect that's why they called the 235i the M235i, because its a sort-of-but-not-really M car that performs well.
Well, given the critical reception and brisk sales of the 1M (plus bmw and M's comments on the matter), it's virtually a lock that the vehicle will be offered. In what capacity remains to be seen, of course. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 360~hp variant of the N55 thrown into the vehicle. Couple that with some more weight saving measures and we may see a decent successor.

Of course, the electric steering rack will be the big letdown, but that's how it's gonna be.
Appreciate 0