View Single Post
      11-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #74
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
The M3 is 4% longer than the M2 (7 inches) and the wheelbase is also 4% longer (4 inches). Weights and widths are essentially the same. M4 is shorter by an inch, M3 is taller by an inch.

If the F8X are Huge, then the M2 is Huge minus 4%, which I don't think is even enough to put it in a different category, but if you did, then it would have to be Very Close to Huge.

In other words, if the M4 is a land boat, taking a measly 4% off the length and 80 pounds off the weight aint gonna make the M2 *not* a land boat.

[Side Note: this helped me visualize how insignificant the difference is: 4 inches is less than the width of my hand, and 7 inches is less than the length of my hand—that's the size difference between M2 and M3]
Yes, that is a enough length difference to have an impact on vehicle class. Let's just look at length for M2, M4, M6.

M2: 176.2"
M4: 183.9" (4.4% increase from M2)
M6: 192.8" (4.8% increase from M4)

The % increase is small, but close, and I think we all agree the M4 and M6 are in different classes. It should be no different for the M2 vs. M4.

I'm not bashing the M4 if you are hurt about the land boat reference. I like boats...and M4s. I am just stating the fact that the M4 is a larger class then the M2 and to me, that car class is on the "too large for me" scale. Some people love that class size, I am cool with that.

One more reference - My cars include E30, E36 318ti, Golf R, etc....which are all small. So if I made the jump to a M4 it would definitely be on the huge scale. It's all reference and personal preference.
Appreciate 1