12-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #85
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ_87 View Post
I mentioned this in a different thread, but I received my 2017 wk35 build with Contis as well. When my dealer called to check in to see how I was liking the car, I mentioned my surprise seeing the Contis on it & that some others on the forums are receiving the same surprise unfortunately. At first he gave the expected response that BMW doesn't single source tires, isn't obligated, etc. etc. But he still decided to mention it to the General Manager who oversees a large group of dealerships here in the Minneapolis area (Carousel Motor Group). This GM was upset to hear this, particularly on such a sought after M car, and contacted BMW of NA about it.

I realize at this point its like the telephone game and I'm getting watered down info back about the entire situation...but for what its worth, BMW NA was so appreciative of me bringing this to their attention (yeah whatever) that they are going to reexamine how they deliver these M2s going forward. And as a thank you, they are sending me a new set of MPSSs for the car plus sending me a free day at M school either in SC or the new one in Palm Springs.

I was surprised to hear this sort of response to all this especially when I seriously didn't make a big deal about it AT ALL, and didn't demand anything. There was a little voice inside saying, sounds good but I'll believe it when I see it. Well, here's what I received from them.

Attachment 1542830

They sent them to the dealership and were going to swap them on the car but we've got ice covered roads here in Minneapolis now and I don't have a winter set on the car yet so I just brought them home. Figured I might as well tear up the Contis next spring first before doing the swap anyway.

As for the M school voucher, I have yet to receive anything from BMW on this yet but if/when I do, I'll post an update. For this, obviously YMMV but for those of you who aren't happy, my situation may be something to point to with their dealer. I give kudos to my dealership (BMW of Minnetonka) and especially the GM who is a car enthusiast himself and clearly went to bat for me on this.

Nothing to say here, but fuckin ay!
Appreciate 0