12-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #83
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
The mere statement that so many people are waiting for prices to drop is exactly why they don't. Unless you have an excess flipper situation as with the the gt3rs, it will continue. Exactly like the 991.1 gt3, so many people want to buy one, supply is limited, it supports the prices.
Waiting won't ameliorate the situation. Unless BMW suddenly builds more cars. No sign of that happening. Go buy an e92, one of the crapiest of the small m cars for many reasons. You wonder why they're cheap? I don't.
I'm so amused by all the posts lamenting the high secondary prices. The market has spoken. There is a reason.
If you can buy a new one right now for the same price as a used one, the market will adjust, and from the tone of your post, you for one will not like that :-)

The M2 is a good car, but no way in hell would I buy a used one for the prices being asked now. Rational choices at present appear to be:

(1) Get a deal on a new one, and they appear to be out there, finally;
(2) Wait for prices to drop on used ones;
(3) Wait and see and don't buy unless there is a reason to.

I'm with 3 and in a holding pattern. It's a good car, but it is not that special that I would lose 2 minute's worth of sleep over.
Appreciate 1
qnet684.50