silverlude
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppucci View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Mofomat, I'm interested in understanding whether you feel like there's considerable drivetrain slop in your car as well, seeing as how we have both experienced the "hop". I've noticed when I am at light cruise or light acceleration, then lift the gas pedal, I get a little "knock" from the back end. Thought it was slop in the driveshaft u-joints, but perhaps it's differential gears with too much clearance loading and unloading.
I had/"have" this! Like you couldn't tell if u-joint diff, load/unload or perhaps diff housing bushings. Only happens under light load and when changing gears slowly so the rpm match kicks off. I have a 6MT. A knock from the rear of the car.

My diff was replaced under the recall last month (early December). I was going to check if I still had the "slop" after the diff was changed. I only drove her 2-3 times after diff replacement before I put away for the winter. I can't swear to it but I have a vague recollection the slop was still present suggesting u-bolt and not diff related.

When I take her out again after the winter, or if a long warm spell, I will update you.
Exactly what I'm currently experiencing. Subscribed and may be going to the dealership soon if it gets worse. Something feels loose back there. I'm at 1400 miles, but started experiencing it when I picked up the car at PCD. I thought it might be one of those things that would "settle", but it hasn't. I've now altered my shifting technique to avoid it, but still get it under low load drop of the accelerator pedal.
Appreciate 0