01-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #26
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Are these 'rocks' in the brake shield common? I have just noticed as of today that when in reverse and the first brake there is a crunch and then its fine. I have not heard any noise when braking after moving forward... yet.
Yep, pretty common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Actually to add to this when it was quite cold the other day, around -30C I fully warmed up the car and did some 'break in' pulls. 2, 3 and 4th kind of stuff never full load and under 5500rpm and did some braking from various speeds to help bed etc... anyway point being after 5 minutes of that I heard a winding noise metallic in nature underneath the car just behind me when I would accelerate it would wind up and naturally decelerate it would wind down. It was very odd and it had not done it before. i took it in the next day but it had warmed up to -10c and wasn't doing it anymore. dealership put it on the hoist and checked everything out and took it for a test drive and couldn't duplicate the noise. tech guessed that it was a hanger underneath the car but as they couldn't duplicate it got a 'nothing wrong clean bill of health' and i gave the 335 back and left.
Same. Anything below -15C or so and the rear diff gets sluggish and noisy. Once it warms up its ok.
Appreciate 0