01-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
COM2
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 LBB 6SPD M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto6 View Post
Has anyone spent time both the M2 and M240i? If so, how would you compare the steering?

I drove a 340i and I hated the steering. Big dead spot in the center, then when you turn the wheel far enough the resistance builds inconsistently. it's like someone is tugging on the wheel. How BMW managed to screw it up this badly I have no idea.

The M2 was far better, bordering on twitchy. But I'd take it any day over the god-awful 3-series

I briefly drove a 240i but couldn't get a good feel for it. It seemed much better than the 3-series but not as good as the M2. Has anyone who has lived with them longer share their take? None of the M2 VA 240i discussions spend much time talking about this.

I'm coming from an e46 330i if that relevant. I love this car and can't seem to get rid of it.
I drive '17 M2 6spd vs. Wife drives '16 M235i Xdrive. Steering feedback in comfort mode is ~same. M2 in sport is slightly more responsive/progressive/as you say twitchy vs. M235 in sport. Overall, not much different. Hope this answers your question.
Appreciate 0