07-01-2016, 06:14 AM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by San79y View Post
The car is great, it is other UK factors that have spoiled things slightly. I won't go into a full rant about everything, but this car attracts a hell of a lot more attention than I was expecting. I don't mind the compliments etc, but it is the idiots in S and RS Audis (you know who you are!) that chase after you all the time that is getting annoying. Last night I pulled into a carpark to post a letter and these 2 idiots in an RS3 spotted me. Followed me out, revving like mad behind me at the busy junction. As I was waiting ages to turn right, I thought I'd just go left and then turn around at the next side road instead. I drive off to do that, they then come charging up behind me as I am now trying to make the turn and I think they are going to slam into me. It is unnecessary and I am tired of it. Similar thing happened with an E36 M3 convertible in the first week I had it so not always Audis, but it usually is. Also it is a tad firm so you can get thrown about a bit on some of our lovely roads even at low speeds.

As for options, other than colour and gearbox, everything else is pretty minor and don't really make much difference to ownership. Mine was supposed to be a demonstrator car so came with everything and I got lucky with the colour and DCT that I wanted. I could live without the electric seats as I think they are out of place in a sports car and just something else to go wrong in the future. I didn't want the rear camera but it is actually quite useful. I really like comfort access and was something I wanted along the the HK speakers but they are a bit of a let down. You are just paying for the badges on the door speakers in my opinion. I am really loving the fact that it is a car for all uses and occasions, as all my other cars are more specific or impractical, but that is more about me than the car.
Hmm sorry to hear this, is your car LBB? I think everyone is aware of the launch colour. I'm hoping MG is a little more understated. I'm actually not fussed too much about on the road, I'm with the car then, its the NCP style keyings I'd be wary of! Time to use the wife's car I think for away trips....but then she has to drive the M2 to work. Ying and Yang to life!!