Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi All,

Last Friday I took delivery of an LCI M2 without Apple CarPlay ... but decided to add it to the vehicle as you can post-purchase.

It seems that BMW (at least here in Australia) have turned this into a 3-year subscription service, but kept the price the same. So that's an eye-watering AUD$479 for three years for something that used to be a one-time purchase

I'm not particularly happy about it, especially since the dealer suggested it would be cheaper to purchase Apple CarPlay post delivery (it avoids registration and luxury car tax), but at the time of our discussion, nothing was said about it being a subscription service.

Anyone else encountered this..? Or is this "initiative" only BMW Australia..?
I guess BMW is looking for ways to make up for lost BMW Connect revenue. Wonder if BMW will limit subscription to the warranty period like they do with nav updates when purchased with the car? My MY US 2017 is a "subscription" too but good until 2036!

Your the second person who lost out trying to save a few bucks. The other fellow in CA didn't want to pay for the wireless connectivity package then learned after delivery he didn't have the hardware to support Apple CarPlay.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...s+connectivity
Appreciate 0