View Single Post
      02-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #43
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNcOmINg! View Post
The Renaults are under-rated by those not in the know unfortunately.
They are INCREDIBLE cars to just go for a drive in and punish. Have to agree with you. In the right hands they will hurt many a car.
Look at Chris Harris' review in his Top 2014 cars video, the Renault RS275 is 0.6 seconds quicker around Porte what what in Portugal than the BMW f80 M3. From a little hot hatch. From the factory.
Say what you want, and make all the excuses you can, that is INCREDIBLY impressive.
Better than any Golf R.
I agree all the reviews on the Renault were full of praises but it's hardly what someone would call a daily. The car is setup for track or smoothest of roads. As one review I read few mths back put it: "far too harsh for UK roads, with the slightest imperfection sending crippling shockwaves all through the car and into the base of your spine." That's nuts!! Granted they all raved about the chassis but if BMW made the m2 or m3 that stiff and the suspension not as compliant many of us here wouldn't be driving it as a daily. Those who do, in countries similar to UK or the Canadian roads here, much respect.

So no, in that regard, I do not think there is any point in comparing a car like Renault RS to the Golf R just because they are both hatchbacks and fwd (biased).
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0