03-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #17
MRufo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BSM17 View Post
It's a tough decision and one that I thought about. I love BMWs and I have only had my M2 for 1 week, but I absolutely love it. I think a 991.2 is an even better car. I drove a 991.2 CS at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta on the track and it was awesome. Loved it. That being said, comparing new M2 to new 991.2 CS, I think the M2 is a great value. It's half the price of the 991.2 and I wouldn't say the porsche is more than twice the car the M2 is. Even a used 991.2 is likely to cost more than the NEW M2, unless you get a very base version of the carrera. I personally would want a 991.2 over a 991.1. I know some people prefer the NA engines, but I like the low-end torque turbo engines deliver (I've kept my 335i). I love the M2 because I'm a BMW fan and it's a great value. I'd take the M2 over a Cayman or boxster everyday... I like having a small backseat for my kids to ride in every now and then. I plan on keeping my M2 for a long time, and maybe in 5 years I can add a 911 to the garage....

EDIT: I've driven a 993 and 996 as well, and although I'd love to own a 993 for various reasons, I'd rather have the M2 in my garage for the weekend fun/track days.
I too went to the Porsche Experience and drove a 991.2S and the gt4. My biggest takeaway from the experience was what a great deal the M2 is. It made me love my car even more. The Carrera was definitely not 2x better than my M2. However, I did love the rawness of the gt4 but could not daily that thing. The M2 is a perfect daily for me - puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. For the track - P GT car for sure!
Appreciate 0