Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
thanks for the feedback guys! I remember reading the e36 and z3m apparently had engine changes mid cycle which hurt values of the earlier versions. however it seems that the m2 version will be the cs and not the competition pack as I feared. a competition pack would hurt us but as you guys say a CS version will be another segment of the market with a price gap. therefore does that mean the base model m2 will actually become rarer as the n55 won't be offered anymore and the s55 variants will be the cs and gts/csl? I believe talk is that they are limited production so perhaps we could be in a better position that I thought? can't wait till Thursday! finalised my finance pretty much and now choosing my insurer. it's crazy the price difference between insurers for this car! I'm getting quotes anywhere from 1300 a year to 3000 a year!
Not quite sure how the CS will play out - maybe they'll have B58 M2, S55 M2 CS, then the CSL/GTS?
But I'm curious where did you get the $1300 pa quote from?
B58 will come in the next gen. N55 to end of prod.

No comp pack for the M2 either.

S55 will power a CS (unlimited) and CSL (limited).

While CS will be unlimited you wouldn't think that they would sell many. Ie M4 CS
Appreciate 0