View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #394
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSparky View Post
Hello forum! As a new-comer to BMW brand -- thanks to the M2! -- this is very helpful place to learn differences of "2017 M2" vs "2018 M2 LCI" vs "2018 M2 Competition". Thanks for this great thread!

I do not have an M2 yet -- I'm in the early stage of decision making and excitement of ED planning...hoping I can organize a mid-late 2018 delivery date given some peoples timelines I've read about here.

Right now I am not sure if I should wait for "2018 M2 Competition" (lots of speculation on price etc.), or aim for current "2018 M2 LCI".

I'm not in a rush to make a purchase choice so I'm wondering if it's possible to get on a waiting list for "2018 M2 LCI" ev en after "2018 M2 Competition" is fully revealed (~March) but before it begins production (~July)?

It seems there's a few months (April-June) it might be possible to choose either the "2018 LCI" or the "M2 Competition" when placing an order...but I'm not sure if works like that?? Does anyone know if the last day to order a "2018 LCI" would be the day before "M2 Competition" announcement, or we'd still have a few months after that date?

Thanks for any insight on this (Previously I only bought a car from the dealers lot...so I'm unfamiliar with the BMW ordering process...)
From the info that has been posted,it looks like MY18 M2 LCI production will end in June 2018 and then the MY19 M2 Competition will start production in July 2018.So you should still be able to get the MY18 M2 LCI until the end of June,if your dealer is able to get allocation.
Appreciate 1