View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #65
Tony
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
1) The gear-shifter isn't a traditional automatic slider. It's not even the traditional BMW auto-selector. It's a four way, with very tight feel, and great ergonomics. It feels great when you use it to shift gears. It feels so great I find myself using it more than I do the paddles. Why? Same reason you (and I) prefer a manual; because of the extra engagement I feel when doing so.
Yep... The Console shifter on the EVO X MR's DCT is great. Spring loaded joy. And depending on the mode, it can shift more relaxed, or virtually instantaneous. I used it everyday. Banging gears sequential-Style like a race car or a motorcycle. I wont be using it with my next car. Stupid Audi has the "+" up-shift, and the "-" down-shift backwards. It was deal breaker up until I weighed-in all the other features it had that I wanted. Oh well. Nothing is perfect.

oh yeah. I absolutely loved the BMW 8-speed Auto. Didn't really feel any different than a DCT imo. Though I have heard that the gear shifts gets sluggish when the transmission gets really warm.
Appreciate 0