Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablom2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablom2c View Post
Well it looks like I jinxed myself haha… after about a year of the coding fix working, yesterday I noticed my rear left indicator was not working (did not get dash warning of course due to coding). It has been raining a lot lately over here, but there doesn't seem to be water inside the tail light. Maybe the humidity has something to do with it? The indicator looks like it was working but very very dim, in day light you can't see it but at night it is very faint you can see it up close. I saw a post that said to tap the tail light and I did a few times and then the indicator started working again normally. Is this a different fault to the coding fix? Should I check the wires or get a replacement headlight? Mine is a 2020 M2C. Are all the headlights that BMW replaces for free the same part number? There is no new updated version? Maybe there is more than one type of fault with these tail lights?
How and what did you change in the with coding?

That sounds like a programming issue, go back to "Expert Mode" under REM and change these four parameters to "active."

The reason your light flickers when the turn signal is illuminated is because the frequency of PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) is too slow. This change will eliminate that and give you working LED signals.
I used Carly to disable the bulb checks but I'm fed up with that app. I ordered a new adapter to use with Bimmercode and will try the expert mode configs maybe like you mention there is some coding missing there. But why would the indicator start working again after hitting the tail light?
Honestly, I believe that was just a coincidence; the circuit board of which turn signal LEDs are embedded on are locked into place and is insulated from shock within the taillights, with layers of hard plastic, that knocking the outer shell really has no effect on the LEDs itself or it's power connection.

I wish I had saved all the photos I took because I had (literally) crack open a taillight just to examine its components and as you see from the photo below, the circuit board slides into a locking hardness and outer wire harness clips unto the taillight, which has no play or any gaps for water intrusion. By design, you can take a baseball bat to the taillights, crack the outer plastic open and the inner taillight LEDs would experience little or no physical shock and still function as normal.

I'm pretty sure you have a coding issue because I recognize the error you have. I experienced the same dimming/flickering turn signal prior to coding my pre-LCI incandescent settings to LEDs. The reason this happens is because the rear computer for the turn signals is sending the wrong modulation signal to the turn signals because it's assuming incandescent (not LEDs) are installed.

Try my coding suggestion, you really have nothing to lose. As long as your warranty is still active, BMW will still replace the taillights and whatever other components they feel like, an unlimited number of times until the warranty expires, if you are not satisfied with the results but I'm certain the proper coding will correct this issue.

I never tried Carly so I can't speak on that but I know BimmerCode is extremely intuitive and so worth the $30. Their customer service is also helpful and respond almost immediately, so you certainly get your money's worth IMHO.

Just did your programming with Bimmercode. The first 2 were not active and the last 2 were already set to active apparently by Carly from previous programming. Let's see how it goes but when I closed the car the indicator was dim again and guess what, I tapped it and it started working again :

Next time if it fails again I will record it !