View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 09:45 AM   #62
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Yup, diff is easy. The smell isn't great but doing it in a garage with the door open is perfectly fine.

Changing the DCT fluid is definitely much more involved, especially with the refilling and leveling procedures. It's a bit of a pain if you're doing the diff change on a QuickJack (and probably even on jack stands), when you need to get into the vehicle to run the ISTA process etc and then crawl under the vehicle and deal with the fill plug while also working near a warm exhaust. Also it's very important to consider ambient temps and transmission temps before you start the process, I made the mistake of draining the fluid on a hot summer day (31C/88F) and after driving 40 minutes which meant the transmission was waaaaayyy too hot to run the level procedure and I had to leave the vehicle to cool overnight.

I am pretty sure I had seen RockAuto selling the gasket separately now but I only saw that after having already bought a full replacement pan from the dealer. With my next fluid change I probably will be looking at swapping to a metal pan instead, especially with tracking so frequently.
Appreciate 2
F87source7316.50