07-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Oooooohhh. I thoroughly enjoyed Monte Zoncolan and Col del Nivolet deserves a mention for being the longest pass i've ever driven! From base to summit it takes approximately an hour and that is me driving with a purpose. Take it easy and it could quite easily take upto 2 hours.
I've just put Monte Zoncolan and Col del Nivolet on my Bucketlist! Thanks

Quote:
I couldn't believe how busy the Grossglockner was, never seen a pass like it.
Yeah... Grossglockner is like Stelvio... EVERYONE knows about it and wants to drive it. Just be glad you didn't get stuck behind any caravans or trike-bikers(those trikes can't turn!). lol

Quote:
For next time, i need to be less ambitious in how many miles i can drive in a day. After 8 days, i'll be honest, i was fucked, and i'm only just recovered. The next trip will be 7 days and excluding the first and last, will be limiting myself to ~150 miles per day.
Yep. I always try to tell people to only drive a few hours per day and enjoy the area. Driving say six hours or so. Try to have end points(hotels) but being able to change plans and stay at an unplanned location/hotel works wonders for your mental health on these sorts of trips. I always try to find a hotel for the evening by 7pm at the latest.

Quote:
Next trip is kinda planned out already; Switzerland and Italy. Two loops, Furka Pass loop and Passo Gardena loop. That will take up most of the time i think.
That sounds like a great tour.

Dackel
Appreciate 1