Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
No problem, sorry for any typos as I typed it on my phone while eating lunch.

I think it's cheaper at bimmerworld.

Yeah don't go aftermarket oil filter, the bmw stuff is really good. If you want to save money get it from mann as they are the OEM for bmw. Part number is hu8011z, I have 4 filters in my basement ready to go.

Also what are your mods?

And make sure to get an oil analysis after a track day to see if everything is ok. That'll be your final determination what oil to use, that will be more accurate than any bit of advice.

Oh I also wanted to say if you're stock or lightly tuned 0w30 should be more than adequate even for track use (again oil analysis to confirm) because the higher powered bmws like the m2c/m3/m4 and m4 gts all use 0w30 and can track on it just fine. But remember those cars have better oil coolers so just be a bit more cautious on the og m2, as long as you're not hitting limp mode or have a good oil cooler you should be ok. Unless you have a huge turbo making crazy power, or are really beating the crap out of your car with super high temps in long sessions, then you should move to a thicker oil with a high hths.
Thanks for the tips, I'll check the prices on Bimmerworld when my warranty runs out.

I don't really have any power mods, just a Fabspeed Sport Cat. I had always planned to go basic Stage 2 when the warranty runs out, just a Wagner IC and 93 octane flash, but having second thoughts about that. I'm one of those guys that just wants to get the parts, flash it, and forget it forever. I don't want any issues. So maybe I'll get the IC and flash the 91 tune (even though all I use is 93).

My car will NEVER see a track. If I want to do that sort of thing I'll use my Exige, so super light duty for my M2, just a blast here or there.
Appreciate 0