View Single Post
      09-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #38
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Only one of the three dates gets approved. If your car is truly scheduled for week 40 [end of] production, which is the first week of October (your requested delivery week), you definitely would not be able to take delivery that week - it wouldn't be done in time plus they need time to truck it from Leipzig to Munich.

I recommend calling BMW NA Special Sales (ED) in the morning (as early as 9am) rather than Genius, in order to figure out the situation: 1-800-932-0831.

Your car will absolutely be shipped to the US with summer tires - it may be Contis rather than Michelin, but it will NOT ship with all-season tires. If you did ED after 10/15, you'd have to rent all-season or winter tires, but the summer tires would be refitted prior to shipment back to the US. So no worries there at least.
Thanks for the advise. Now that I think about it, I never got a date approved, but I did get a week assigned that kept moving around and eventually fell off (as of today). I'll make the call first thing tomorrow. Unfortunate that the CA transition occurred, but I'm hopeful that a delivery the first week of October is still in play.
Appreciate 0