View Single Post
      01-31-2018, 02:24 PM   #29
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
If dealers are giving them away, can I send one of them my address and they can ship me one? I'll gladly pay shipping.

Again, you're taking what's happening in one sliver of the world - and not even for actual regular folk, but ONLY BMW employees - and extrapolating it to the rest of the planet. This doesn't work, or Food Lion would look at what's happening to the price of rice in Nicaragua and they'd jack it up to $200 per pound everywhere else. You're equating an employee incentive to dealers "having to give them away".

I'll counter you with this - I'm in Arizona, and I've got 5 dealers within 4 hours of me, including Tucson and Palm Springs. Demand is still so strong that 4 of the 5 dealers won't even taken an ED order because they don't have to, and 0 of the 5 have a 6MT M2 in ANY color. This is the 12th largest metro market in the USA, and there's not a single 6MT M2 in any color within 4 hours. Still think they should stop making them??

Just stop making them for Canada. The demand for this kind of car there has got to be a lot less. Colder weather, snow, ice, and a smaller population.
Appreciate 0